On-the-bias sentence example
- Made of stretch satin in electric blue, it features a plunging V-neck with rhinestone detailing, a figure-flattering pleated empire waistline and a full skirt cut on the bias for maximum shaping.
- A perfect dress for either a day or nighttime summer party, it's cut on the bias for flattering draping and fall.
- Cut on the bias for a bit more "give", this halterkini is only available in one color, Clover (a bright green), but if this is a color that looks great against your skin, then this top might be a viable option.
- You can choose to cut on the bias (diagonally) or straight on the grain.
- Note that cutting fabric on the bias is not a good idea, because it may make your strips too stretchy.Advertisement
- If you have great legs, a short silk chemise is cut on the bias so it hangs beautifully.
- Cut on the bias for the most flattering of fits, this gown is sleeveless with a deep V-neck front.
- Evening gowns were cut on the bias so that they fell flatteringly over the body and plunged to the floor.
- Full slips from the 1930s and 1940s are a wonderful thing to wear because they were cut on the bias and thus flow over the body in a particularly sensuous way.
- Long in its length and with a wide and stylish lapel, you might enjoy this belted creation particularly because it is cut on the bias.Advertisement