On-strike sentence example
- At Como 15,000 textile workers remained on strike for nearly a month, but there were no disorders.
- when employers import foreign labourers in order to take the place of their men who are on strike.
- In 1902 he gave energetic support to the miners of Carmaux who went out on strike in consequence of the dismissal of a socialist workman, Calvignac; and in the next year he was re-elected to the chamber as deputy for Albi.
- And yet you couldn't get the dockers in this country, their own country, out on strike.
- So the Canadian dockers were then on strike in support of the Liverpool dockers.Advertisement
- Now as our fellow workers were so hasty we were bound to come out on strike.
- misjudge badly the difficulty in going on strike.
- solidarity action by BA workers to come out on strike in support of Gate Gourmet staff was illegal in the UK.
- The solidarity action by BA workers to come out on strike in support of Gate Gourmet staff was illegal in the UK.
- Sometimes the reverse happens: they go on strike against a food they once loved.Advertisement
- On November 5, 2007 the Writer's Guild of America went on strike.
- No one wants to eat or do business in a store that looks like the cleaning lady went on strike several days ago.