On-slips sentence example
- There we are told that for purposes of divination certain signs were scratched on slips of wood from a fruit-bearing tree (including, no doubt, the beech; cp. book, German Buck, and Buchstabe, a letter of the alphabet); the slips were thrown down promiscuously on a white cloth, whence the expert picked them up at random and by them interpreted fate.
- The principal docks are at Gothenburg, Stockholm, Malmo, Oskarshamn and Norrkoping, besides the naval docks at Karlskrona; and the principal ports where large vessels can be accommodated on slips are Malmo, Gothenburg, Stockholm, Karlskrona and Gefle.
- He sat behind a low desk, with a few jottings on slips of paper, or textbooks marked on the margin, before him, and delivered an extemporaneous address, opening up the subject by partial glimpses, and with many anecdotes or familiar illustrations, till a complete idea of it was presented.
- Otherwise, break into teams of two or more (depending on the size of your family) and have the teams brainstorm ideas and write them on slips of paper to challenge the others.
- All of the guests write bits of advice for the bride on slips of paper and places them in a vase or bowl.Advertisement
- Another good way to save money on slips is to plan purchases right after Valentine's Day, Christmas or other major holidays.
- To help your child identify words and begin reading, write down the names of items you find around the house on slips of paper and tape them to the object.
- Before the party begins, someone needs to write down the titles of several popular movies on slips of paper.