On-no-account sentence example
- The ordinary seamen, however, were on no account whatever allowed to land.
- iv., 1886-1888, must on no account be omitted.
- Flesh that has become tainted appears to be specially acceptable; but it is a curious fact that on no account will a fox eat any kind of bird of prey.
- Finally, to make confusion worse confounded, Jameson, becoming impatient of delay, in spite of receiving direct messages from the leaders at Johannesburg telling him on no account to move, marched into the Transvaal.
- For example between Costa Rica and Nicaragua by a treaty of the 15th of April 1858 the parties agreed that " on no account whatever, not even in case of war," should " any act of hostility be allowed between them in the port of San Juan del Norte nor on the river of that name nor on Lake Nicaragua " (art.Advertisement
- In all this the Anabaptists had maintained one central article of faith that linked them to the Zwickau prophets, belief in conscience, religious feeling, or inner light, as the sole true beginning or ground of religion; and one other article, held with equal vigour and sincerity, that true Christians are like sheep among wolves, and must on no account defend themselves from their enemies or take vengeance for wrong done.
- seamanordinary seamen, however, were on no account whatever allowed to land.
- So also when members of the Baidya, or physician, caste of Bengal, ranging next to that of the Brahman, farm land on tenure," they will on no account hold the plough, or engage in any form of manual labour, and thus necessarily carry on their cultivation by means of hired servants "(H.
- Rostov was a truthful young man and would on no account have told a deliberate lie.