On-a-par sentence example
- The climate is probably more healthy than that of any of the Australian states, although, owing to the large number of old people in the colony, the death-rate would appear to put Tasmania on a par with New South Wales and South Australia.
- His gifts of exposition were on a par with his gifts of discernment.
- From the planets the same association of ideas was applied to the constellations of the zodiac, which in later phases of astrology are placed on a par with the planets themselves, so far as their importance for the individual horoscope is concerned.
- The staff/student ratio is on a par with Oxbridge at 1:10 compared with an average 1:17 at many state-funded universities.
- The best of the New South Wales diamonds are harder and much whiter than the South African diamonds, and are classified as on a par with the best Brazilian gems, but no large specimens have yet been found.Advertisement
- In the time of Augustus it was inferior to Patavium in importance, but on a par with Mediolanum, and superior to Brixia and other towns of the district.
- The total strength of the garde civique in 1905 was 35,10 2, to which have to be added 8532 volunteers belonging to the corps of older formation, service in which counts on a par with the garde civique.
- The amount in circulation on the 30th of June 1903 was officially estimated at 9,144,254 bolivianos (800,122), issued on a par with silver.
- At Coptos Isis became a leading divinity on a par with the early god Min.
- For those reasons the game can be called an arcade adventure, on a par with Jet Set Willy and Manic Miner.Advertisement
- They see humanism not as a belief system on a par with religion but as an opinion on a par with a political policy.
- Viewers expecting campy shenanigans on a par with the Santo movies will be surprised to find a well-made, atmospheric horror flick.
- Bearing fruit that had the power to induce somnambulism, it was considered to place man on a par with the gods.
- The rate of first attacks of anogenital warts in Northern Ireland is on a par with the rate reported from GUM clinics in England.
- The stolen US nuclear secrets give the PRC design information on thermonuclear weapons on a par with our own.Advertisement
- Although referred to as constables, these four men were in fact on a par with the old town watchmen.
- Try teeing off on a par 4 or 5 hole with a 3 iron instead of a wood.