Omnibuses sentence example
- In 1905 and following years motor omnibuses (worked mostly by internal combustion engines) began to a large extent to supplant horse traction.
- This fact having been fully demonstrated, acetylene dissolved in this way was exempted from the Explosives Act, and consequently upon this exemption a large business has grown up in the preparation and use of dissolved acetylene for lighting motor omnibuses, motor cars, railway carriages, lighthouses, buoys, yachts, &c., for which it is particularly adapted.
- Good horses suitable for general work on farms and for cabs, omnibuses, and grocery and delivery wagons, are plentiful for local markets and for export.
- Electric tramways and omnibuses serve all parts of the city, and numerous ferries ply across the river.
- Messrs. S and J Isaac had three omnibuses and two coaches.Advertisement
- John and William Glover were operating three omnibuses and two coaches between Enfield Town and Bishopsgate.
- Easy access to all parts of the city and suburbs is afforded by up-to-date motor omnibuses.