Oleic-acid sentence example
- Very good results have been obtained from a preparation named "lipanin," which consists of six parts of oleic acid and ninety-four of pure olein.
- Artificially it may be prepared by heating cetyl alcohol with soda lime to 270° or by fusing oleic acid with potassium hydrate.
- Erucic acid, C 8 H 17 CH: CH [CH2]11 C02H, and the isomeric brassidic acid, belong to the oleic acid series.
- Linoleic acid, C18H3202, found as glyceride in drying oils, and ricinoleic acid, C18H33(OH)02, found as glyceride in castor oil, closely resemble oleic acid.
- In the mixture of unsaturated fatty acids, by means of some more refined methods, clupanodonic acid, linolenic acid, linolic acid and oleic acid can be recognized.Advertisement
- Artificially it may be prepared by heating cetyl alcohol with soda lime to 270Ã‚° or by fusing oleic acid with potassium hydrate.
- The plant is an ideal source of gamma linolenic acid (GLA), palmitic acid, stearic acid and oleic acid.