Old-welsh sentence example
- His father was called Gruffydd Vychan, and his mother Helen; on both sides he had pretensions to be descended from the old Welsh princes.
- In not a few instances modern English nomenclature has supplanted the old Welsh placenames in popular usage, although the town's original appellation is retained in Welsh literature and conversation, e.g.
- The old Welsh land tenure by gavelkind was, however, still permitted to remain in force amongst the natives of all Wales, whilst it was henceforth arranged to administer justice in the eight counties by special royal judges, and in the Marches by the officers appointed by the various lords-marchers according to the terms of their tenure.
- I see again the old Welsh milkman " wrestling " with me, they all wrestled with me, by prayer or exhortation.
- The old Welsh squire of this stamp was the very quintessence of punctuality and promptitude.Advertisement