Old-soldiers sentence example
- Behind these all Prussia was overrun by newly formed units, (3 rd and 4th battalions) raised from depot companies, conscripts for 1807, and old soldiers rejoining after sickness or wounds.
- The state supports a hospital for the insane at Jamestown, an institution for the feeble-minded at Grafton, a home for old soldiers at Lisbon, a blind asylum at Bathgate, a reform school (opened 1902) at Mandan and a penitentiary at Bismarck.
- By the possession of the three bishoprics and the recapture of Calais an effort towards a natural line of frontier and towards a national policy seemed indicated; but while the old soldiers could not forget Marignano, Ceresole, nor Italy perishing with the name of France on her lips, the secret alliance between the cardinal of Lorraine and Granvella against the Protestant heresy foretold the approaching subordination of national questions to religious differences, and a decisive attempt to purge the kingdom of the new doctrines.
- Other permanent military forces are 1075 officers, 1604 mounted and 16,536, foot gendarmes, mostly old soldiers, and 14,156 carabineers, all of them old soldiers.
- chew over this subject with some old soldiers gathered together at a local D-Day commemoration.Advertisement
- Darlings! old soldiers exclaimed, weeping, as they embraced Cossacks and hussars.