Old-masters sentence example
- Yet injustice would be done to one of the ablest of those now to be called the old masters of the science if mention.
- It is, however, certain that these fragments are mainly forgeries, attributable to the eclecticism of the 1st or 2nd century A.D., of which the chief characteristic was a desire to father later doctrines on the old masters.
- As yet, however, he was devoted to his art, and in 1829 he again went to Europe to study the old masters.
- Earlier in each year exhibitions of works by deceased British artists and by old masters are held, and the Gibson and Diploma Galleries are permanent exhibitions.
- Some of the old masters of the Yamato school were, however, admirable in their rendering of the burlesqtie, and in modern times KyOsai, the last of the Hokusai school, outdid all his predecessors in the riotous originality of his weird and comic fancies.Advertisement
- The porcelains of Owari and Arita naturally received most attention at the hands of the Hyochi-en decorators, but there was scarcely one of the principal wares of Japan upon which they did not try their skill, and if a piece of monochromatic Minton or Svres came in their way, they undertook to improve it by the addition of designs copied from old masters or suggested by modern taste.
- Little by little there has been developed a degree of skill which compares not unfavourably with the work of the old masters.
- Among the other prominent buildings in Weimar are the Griines Schloss (18th century), containing a library of 200,000 volumes and a valuable collection of portraits, busts and literary and other curiosities; the old ducal dower-house (Wittumspalais); the museum, built in1863-1868in the Renaissance style with some old masters and Preller's famous mural paintings illustrating the Odyssey.
- The collection of old masters is very fine, containing many splendid examples of Rubens, Van Dyck, Titian and the chief Dutch masters.
- Lectures are held in the magnificent ballroom - a setting surrounded by old masters.Advertisement
- Furthermore, the penal clauses of the old Masters and Servants Act rendered the new rights ineffectual.
- The Bella have adopted the turbans, robes, swords, camels, and language (Tamacheq) of their old masters ' culture.