Old-master sentence example
- A pestilence that ensued being attributed to this crime, the Delphians declared their willingness to make compensation, which, in default of a nearer connexion, was claimed and received by Iadmon, the grandson of his old master.
- On the fall of Napoleon, Pajol gave in his adhesion to the Restoration government, but he rejoined his old master immediately upon his return to France.
- He wrote: The State: Elements of Historical and Practical Politics, Sketch of Institutional History and Administration (1889); The State and Federal Government of the United States (1891); Division and Reunion, 1829-1889 (1893) in the "Epochs of American History" series; An Old Master and Other Political Essays (1893); Mere Literature and Other Essays (1893); George Washington (1896), an excellent biography; the popular History of the American People (1902); Constitutional Government in the United States (1908), being Columbia University Lectures; and in the seventh volume of the Cambridge Modern History the chapter on "State Rights, 1850-1860."
- Neither the festivities given at Chantilly in honor of the king, nor the dismissal (despite the most solemn promises) of the Spanish infanta, who had been betrothed to Louis XV., r~or yet the young kings marriage to Maria Leszczynska (1725)a marriage negotiated by the marquise de Prie in order to bar the throne from the Orleans family-could alienate the sovereign from his old master.
- Ever since my poor old master prevented her from marrying that tipsy blackguard -- " " Stop, " said Gilder very sternly.Advertisement
- The last time I felt this was in the presence of my old master.
- The rich publisher may treat the poor poet better or worse than the old master workman treated the old apprentice.