Old maid sentence example
- She was becoming a bitter old maid.
- Gladys Turnbull was pounding away on a lap top computer in a corner of the parlor while young Martha and Donnie played a game of Old Maid on the sofa.
- I got the word from this friend, an old maid clerk who likes me 'cause I didn't treat her like shit like everyone else does.
- Jane will be quite an old maid soon, I declare.
- Do you want her to become an old maid?Advertisement
- And, with mutual courtesies, the little old maid and I went on our respective ways.
- It shall be on your family's behalf that I'll start my apprenticeship as old maid.
- "You want to make him"--little Nicholas--"into an old maid like yourself!
- "Now to tell one's fortune in the empty bathhouse is frightening!" said an old maid who lived with the Melyukovs, during supper.
- Next, pick card games that the whole family will enjoy - if you have young children, try a game like Old Maid.Advertisement
- Then, players pull one card from the others' hands and hope to not draw the Old Maid.
- Play will continue until all pairs have been produced, and whoever is left with the odd card is the old maid.
- In addition to flash cards, playing cards such as Old Maid are easy enough for preschoolers to master.