Old-guard sentence example
- Some delay was occasioned by a thunderstorm; but, as this passed over, the guns opened and the Old Guard and Milhaud's cuirassiers proceeded to form up opposite to Ligny.
- To this end he sent two battalions of the Old Guard to storm Plancenoit.
- Uthman, from the Umayya clan, represented the tribal aristocracy of Mecca, and his victory annoyed a loyalist old guard.
- Here we form up in the Palace Courtyard and the first sentries take over from the remaining Old Guard.
- One of the generals rode up to Napoleon and ventured to offer to lead the Old Guard into action.Advertisement
- Among the Old Guard disorder and pillage were renewed more violently than ever yesterday evening, last night, and today.
- Particular Nuance Number Two: e-commerce marketing, at its core, is just maximizing another marketing channel, not replacing the old guard of marketing.