Old-country sentence example
- Lower Euclid Avenue (the old country road to Euclid, 0., and Erie, Pa.) is given up to commercial uses; the eastern part of the avenue has handsome houses with spacious and beautifully ornamented grounds, and is famous as one of the finest residence streets in the country.
- Emigrants who have been successful in business return in order to end their days in the old country.
- Germany also accepted it by the treaty of 1868 between the United States and the North German Confederation, now in force for the German empire, subject to provisions that the emigrant's fixing his domicile in the old country shall be deemed a renunciation of his naturalization in the new, and that his living in the.
- Between the United States and Great Britain the convention of the 13th of May 1870 provides that naturalization in either is to be valid for all purposes immediately on its completion, but that if the resident shall renew his residence in his old country he may be readmitted to his old nationality, on his application and on such conditions as the readmitting government may impose.
- Among his later books his novels The Old Country (1906) and The New June (1909) attracted considerable attention.Advertisement
- Briton is an old country with laws in its statute books going back many centuries.
- In the seventeenth century and later, as old pictures testify, the inn presented the usual features of a large old country hostelry.
- The natives are those under the age of 30 who find the Old Country simply incomprehensible!
- I ain't got no excuses, I just want to play The good old country waltz.
- Poor John Field!--I trust he does not read this, unless he will improve by it--thinking to live by some derivative old-country mode in this primitive new country--to catch perch with shiners.Advertisement
- I ai n't got no excuses, I just want to play The good old country waltz.
- Do you remember what the milestone is to find the old country road?
- Kitchen Italian décor styles bring that classic Italian kitchen to your home, no matter how far away from the old country you are.
- Light shades of beige and cream represent the aged plaster walls of old country farmhouses and varying shades of grey reflect the stony walls of grand estates.
- The site is updated often to be sure that they have the greatest variety of both new and old country classics.Advertisement
- Although it is considerably less frilly than past seasonal styles, the metal crest flap pocket adds a stunning and eye-catching touch to an otherwise classic bag, and the antique hardware grants this bag an old country feel.
- Classic country songs are very popular with young and old country fans alike and are great if you are having a country themed party.