Oilseeds sentence example
- Trade is carried on in flax, cloth, cereals, oilseeds, &c.
- The principal crops are millet, wheat, other food grains, pulse, oilseeds and cotton; there is some manufacture of cotton-cloth and blankets, and there are ginning factories in the town.
- European traders settled in the country, good permanent houses were built, roads were made and kept in repair, and many new industries introduced, chief among which were the expression of oil from various oilseeds and the cultivation of coffee.
- Speaking broadly, rice and oilseeds predominate in the eastern and sub-Himalayan districts, millets and cotton in Bundelkhand and wheat in the greater part of the Gangetic plain.
- The principal staples include wheat, oilseeds, raw cotton, indigo, sugar, molasses, timber and forest produce, dry-stuffs, ghee, opium and tobacco.Advertisement
- The chief exports are rice, cotton, sugar and oilseeds.
- Flax, hops and oilseeds are also cultivated, and large quantities of excellent fruit are grown at the foot of the Harz and in the valleys of the Unstrut and the Saale.
- Vegetable protein includes oilseeds, pulses and microbial protein.
- The effect of duration of feeding oilseeds to dairy cows on the persistency of response in milk fatty acid composition.
- Amongst imports raw materials (wool, cotton and silk, coal, oilseeds, timber, &c.) hold the first place, articles of food (cereals, wine, coffee, &c.) and manufactured goods (especially machinery) ranking next.Advertisement
- The principal crops are millet, rice, other food grains, pulse, oilseeds, cotton and tobacco, with a little coffee.
- Pulses of different sorts, oilseeds, fibres, sugar-cane, tobacco, spices and vegetables also form crops of the district.