Oil-wells sentence example
- He owns a large Spanish land grant – oil wells and such.
- Minerals remained for the most part unworked, though the profitable coal fields and oil wells in Ferghana were used when disturbances in Trans-Caspia cut Turkestan off from the Baku oil, on which it relies entirely for its industrial life.
- Many of the oil wells at Baku were burned, and massacres took place at that town, at Shusha, at Erivan, at Tiflis, at Batum, at Jebrail and at other places.
- The wells from which the supplies of natural gas are obtained in the United States are drilled and cased in the same manner as the oil wells.
- It is the centre of a large and productive wheatand cotton-growing region, which has also numerous oil wells (with a total production in 1907 of 2 26,311 barrels).Advertisement
- The first sources of the enormous wealth he subsequently attained were his introduction of sleeping-cars for railways, and his purchase (1864) of Storey Farm on Oil Creek, where a large profit was secured from the oil-wells.
- In drilling for some of the first oil wells gas escaped, and in a few instances this was used as a fuel for generating steam in the boilers of the drilling-engines.
- After the sinking of oil wells in 1901, Beaumont became one of the principal oil-producing places in the United States; its oil refineries are connected by pipe lines with the surrounding oil fields, and two 6-in.
- These are the most abundant at the foot of a chain of hills where the oil wells of Daliki, Bebehan, Ramuz and Shushtar, Dizful, Pusht-i-Kuh, and Qasr-i-Shirin are situated.
- Coal has been found in the district, and earth oil-wells exist, but neither coal nor oil has yet been extracted in any quantity.Advertisement
- Three oil-wells were sunk in 1883 at Pedaukpin, but they were found unprofitable and abandoned.
- A few small oil wells are open near the Kansas line.
- Again, the most convenient site for oil wells is the crest of an anticline or "dome," where an impervious stratum imprisons the gas and oil in a subjacent saturated layer under pressure.
- He owns a large Spanish land grant â€“ oil wells and such.
- When you think of interior design in Houston, do you picture cowboy boots, cactus, and oil wells?Advertisement
- They assist in the drilling of the oil wells and the servicing of the wells (both gas and oil) in all types of weather.