Oil-shale sentence example
- The imports of ore in that year amounted to 1,862,444 tons of the value of £1,420,379 The oil shale industry is wholly modern and has attained to considerable magnitude since it was established (in 1851 and following years).
- Also, in areas where the lightweight properties of the fill do not offer advantages, the PFA was replaced by spent oil shale.
- To date no company has been able to get oil out of oil shale at a profit.
- The oil shale bings of West Lothian have also accrued considerable heritage value.
- Its primary ingredient is ichthammol, which is derived from the distillation of oil shale.Advertisement