Oil-lamp sentence example
- The electroscope was used in conjunction with an oil lamp or gas flame.
- As to lighting, the oil lamp has been largely displaced by gas and electricity.
- Yes, at last, behind the empty shell of an old valve wireless, she spied the oil lamp.
- In semi-darkness, Beth rummaged blindly in the cupboard beneath the old clay sink, knowing that in here somewhere was an oil lamp.
- For a truly beautiful lighting display, consider an antique library oil lamp.Advertisement
- Depending on the condition problems, you may be able to restore an oil lamp yourself.
- If you're looking for a bargain, consider buying a library oil lamp that needs some restoration work.
- An oil lamp is any vessel that holds a small amount of oil (or kerosene) at the bottom, has an absorbent wick that sits in it and can be lit producing light or heat.
- An oil lamp is a container, usually glass, in the shape of a large vase with a wide bottom.
- The bottom half of an oil lamp holds kerosene or oil and has an absorbent wick.Advertisement
- The subtle light provided by an oil lamp gives bestows a simple quietness upon those who are in its glow.
- If you're looking for an antique or vintage oil lamp don't be surprised if you find some that aren't entirely original.
- Oil candles add an exotic touch to any décor, such as adding an oil lamp that invites ideas of Arabian Nights, genies in the bottle and just a touch of mystery.
- You may even find a glass oil lamp shaped container that lets you create that exotic mystery of the lamp.Set up to work in a clear space and take safety precautions.
- After the base bead was created it was turned over to artisans who reheated it with an oil lamp and decorated it.Advertisement