Oil gland sentence example
- It is, however, fair to state that his system was not built entirely upon these muscular variations, but rather upon a more laborious combination of anatomical characters, which were so selected that they presumably could not stand in direct correlation with each other, notably the oil-gland, caeca, carotids, nasal bones and above all, the muscles of the thigh.
- The leaves are usually articulated at the base, spreading, sharp-pointed and needle-like in form, destitute of oil-glands, and arranged in alternating whorls of three; but in some the leaves are minute and scale-like, closely adhering to the branches, the apex only being free, and furnished with an oil-gland on the back.
- In poultry, there is an oil gland located dorsally to the stumpy tail of the bird.
- A sty, or external hordeolum, is a common childhood infection of an oil gland on the surface of the upper or lower eyelids at the base of the eyelash.
- If the oil gland is blocked and inflammation spreads beyond the eyelid, the condition can interfere with vision.Advertisement
- Bacteria may live on the eyelids or eyelash hair follicles themselves and begin to grow when the oil gland of a hair follicle becomes blocked.
- It also opens the blocked oil gland and helps remove pus.
- Sty-An external hordeolum caused by an infection of an oil gland on the eyelid.