Oil-cake sentence example
- He was one of the first to use oil-cake and bone-manure, to distinguish the feeding values of grasses, to appreciate to the full the beneficial effects of stock on light lands and to realize the value of long leases as an incentive to good farming.
- The chief exports are oil-cake, flint, cod and Benedictine liqueur.
- Besides wool, leading imports are jute, cotton, flax, timber, petroleum, coal, pitch, wine, cereals, oil-seeds and oil-cake, nitrate of soda and other chemical products, and metals.
- The town possesses agricultural implement works, coachbuilding works, breweries, ropeworks, planing and sawing mills, and corn and oil-cake mills.
- The staple exports are beans, pulse and peas, marine products, sulphur, furs and timber; the staple imports, comestibles (especially salted fish), kerosene and oil-cake.Advertisement
- Engineering, oil-cake, tobacco, sail and rope works are the principal industries in the town.
- There are works for the manufacture of oil-cake.
- Throughout other parts bullocks are fed on pasture land, and also in stables on nourishing and succulent feed such as hay, Indian corn fodder, Indian corn silage, turnips, carrots, mangels, ground oats, barley, peas, Indian corn, rye, bran and linseed oil cake.
- The principal industries of Hull are iron-founding, shipbuilding and engineering, and the manufacture of chemicals, oil-cake, colours, cement, paper, starch, soap and cotton goods; and there are tanneries and breweries.
- Its industrial establishments include oil-works, dye-works and breweries, and manufactories of hosiery, railings and other iron-work, and of oil-cake.Advertisement
- Iron foundries, breweries, oil-cake and seed mills also exist side by side with such immense engineering and shipbuilding works as the Britannia Works, Canada Works, and, above all, Laird's shipbuilding works, where several early iron vessels were built, and many cruisers and battleships have been launched.
- Bone-crushing, tanning, the manufacture of oil-cake for cattle, and rope-making are carried on in various places.
- The extracted oil is used in the manufacture of soap, while the solid remains, known as oil-cake, are valuable as a food for cattle.
- Often it occurs in the form of irregular friable lumps, like pieces of impure linseed oil-cake.
- The leading exports of domestic merchandise in excess of the same value were the following: cotton ($496,334,448); iron and steel, excluding ores ($157,680,331); meat and dairy products ($151,964,037); petroleum, vegetable and animal oils ($126,350,916); wheat and wheat flour ($100,529,381); copper, excluding ores ($92,584,640); wood ($72,312,880); leather ($47,146,415); tobacco ($41,554,o58);coal($38,44I,518);agricultural implements ($27,327,428); corn and corn meal ($27,062,128); animals ($2i,007,I22); chemicals (.$2o,33o,335); oil-cake ($20,245,818); fruits and nuts ($18,707,670); vehicles ($16,774,036); naval stores ($16,103,076); and paper ($15,280,541).Advertisement
- Other branches of industry are carpet-weaving, distilling, oil and oil-cake manufacture, dyeing, cooperage and the manufacture of arms and bullets.