Ogam sentence example
- This he accomplished by means of four wands of yew inscribed with ogam characters.
- Four stones with Ogam inscriptions have been found at different places.
- There exist in Scotland a few inscriptions on stones, in Ogam, which yield no sense in any known Indo-European language.
- From this system probably developed the ogam writing employed among the Celtic peoples of Britain and Ireland.
- However this may be, the ogam alphabet shows some knowledge of phonetics and some attempt to classify the sounds accordingly.Advertisement
- The Greek alphabet, with which it was most Symbols of Ogam Alphabet.
- An interpretation of the oldest ogam inscriptions is given by Whitley Stokes in Bezzenberger's Beitrage, xi.
- Professor Rhys, who at one time considered runes and ogam to be connected, now thinks that ogam was the invention of a grammarian in South Wales who was familiar with Latin letters.
- Literary evidence of the colonization of south Wales is preserved both in Welsh and Irish sources, and some idea of the extent of Irish oversea activity may be gathered from the distribution of the Ogam inscriptions in Wales, south-west England and the Isle of Man.
- And he wrote these quatrains in ogam, and then bade them farewell.Advertisement