Offing sentence example
- A great triumph for soviet diplomacy was in the offing.
- At the end of season four, she shared a kiss with Callie Torres and created Internet buzz and speculation about the possible love story in the offing.
- In 1885 a serious disaster befell the islanders, a lifeboat which went to take provisions to a ship in the offing was lost with all hands - fifteen men - and only four adult males were left on the island.
- They got off the American port at noon on 5 May but a sudden heavy gale from the N.W. forced them gain an offing.
- The rapidity of the tides in this inlet, and the lowness of its shores, which are generally indistinct on account of mist from a moderate offing, render this the most difficult portion of the navigation of the east coast of England.Advertisement
- Dusty didn't think twice about offing anyone who posed a threat to him, and he didn't remember what it felt like to be a human who witnessed what looked like a mass murder.
- With such a grand affair in the offing, it simply makes sense to do it properly.
- As noted in one letter to TVGuide, when President-Elect Obama was declared the winner of the Presidential election, could a Stars Hollow reunion movie be in the offing?
- In laying off receiving drains it is essential to give hedgerows and trees a good offing, lest the conduit be obstructed by the roots.