Office-buildings sentence example
- Binghamton has also some fine office buildings.
- In the centre of the city some of the office buildings are ten, twelve or even fourteen storeys high.
- Other prominent structures are the U.S. government and the judiciary buildings, the latter connected with the capitol by a stone terrace, the city hall, the county court house, the union station, the board of trade, the soldiers' memorial hall (with a seating capacity of about 4500), and several office buildings.
- Among the finest office buildings are the structures of the Albany City Savings Institution, National Commerical Bank, Union Trust Company, Albany Trust Company, the National Savings Bank, First National Bank, the New York State National Bank (1803, probably the oldest building in the United States used continuously for banking purposes) and the Albany Savings Bank.
- Among the important buildings are the Federal Building, the County Court House, the City Hall, a County Hall of Records, the Public Library with about 110,000 volumes in 1908, the large Auditorium and office buildings and the Woman's Club.Advertisement
- There is a Roman Catholic Cathedral, and the city is the see of a Roman Catholic and of a Protestant Episcopal bishop. The Prudential Life Insurance Company and the Mutual Benefit Life Insurance Company have fine office buildings.
- The business houses are of stone or brick, and many of them are attractive architecturally; there are a number of modern office buildings from 15 to 20 storeys in height.
- The board of trade building, the building of the Star newspaper, and several large office buildings (including the Scarritt, Long, and New York Life Insurance buildings) are worthy of mention.
- A few squares north-west of it are the General Land Office, the headquarters of the Department of the Interior (commonly called the Patent Office), with Doric portico; the Pension Office, in which the Inauguration Ball is held on the evening of each president's taking office; the Government Printing Office (twelve storeys - one of the few tall office-buildings in the city); the City Hall, or District Court House; and the District Building (1908), another building of the local government.
- The city has some fine public buildings, office buildings and churches.Advertisement
- Noteworthy additions were made to Cleveland architecture in the county court house and the city hall (of the uncompleted " Group " plan); in office buildings like the Engineers, the Illuminating, the Leader-News, and the Hanna buildings; in the " Plain Dealer " newspaper building; in the Cleveland Trust Co.'s bank building; in the Museum of Art; and in churches, the Church of the Covenant (Presbyterian), St.
- Among the principal office buildings are the Empire, the Equitable, the Prudential, the Fourth National, the Austell, the Peters, the Century, the English-American and the Candler buildings; and there are many fine residences, particularly in Peachtree and Washington streets, Inman Park and Ponce de Leon Circle.
- This is particularly frustrating if you happen to work in a dense office building, for example, that is surrounded by similar office buildings.
- Flip-flips. While flip-flops are the norm now for running errands or attending classes, they are inappropriate footwear for office buildings.
- The Embarcadero Center at the east end of California Street has blocks of shops and restaurants under the complex of high rise office buildings.Advertisement