Off-label sentence example
- I could find no evidence to support it's use in treating/preventing urinary tract crystals, but vets sometimes use drugs as off label medications, meaning they use them to treat conditions not listed on the label.
- However, physicians may prescribe other SSRIs in younger patients in an off-label use of these drugs.
- Even though Botox has only been approved to treat axillary hyperhidrosis, physicians can legally use Botox "off-label" to treat other affected areas of the body.
- Other adult type 2 diabetes medications, such as sulfonylureas and meglitinide drugs, which work by increasing insulin production, may be prescribed off-label for pediatric use.
- Off-label use-Prescribing a drug for a population (e.g., pediatric) or condition for which it was not originally approved by the U.S. FDA.Advertisement
- For example, sulfonylurea drugs are not FDA approved for use in children with type 2 diabetes due to a lack of clinical studies in pediatric populations, but a physician may prescribe them in an off-label use of the drug.
- Off-label refers to the use by doctors of FDA-approved drugs for purposes other than those approved by the agency.
- Due to of this finding, treatment of obesity is one of the off label uses of Topamax.
- Other off label uses include treatment of bipolar disorder, treatment of addictive disorders such as alcoholism and treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Doctors also use it "off-label" for other wrinkles, including lines on the forehead and around the mouth.Advertisement