Off-hand sentence example
- Dean told Hunter about his off-hand comment and how Baratto had jumped all over the Scranton connection.
- Some money turned up missing and I made a stupid off-hand comment in front of him about a connection to Scranton where your husband had visited.
- Such matters cannot be decided off-hand by the mere fact that tremolos are characteristic of orchestras: the question is whether in individual cases they have not a special character when played by single players.
- He had written to the Waldenses that it is better not to baptize at all than to baptize little children; now he was cautious, would not condemn the new prophecy off-hand; but advised Melanchthon to treat them gently and to prove their spirits, less they be of God.
- There were philosophic and philanthropic elements in his political faith which will always lead some to class him as a visionary and fanatic; but although he certainly indulged at times in dreams at which one may still smile, he was not, properly speaking, a visionary; nor can he with justice be stigmatized as a fanatic. He felt fervently, was not afraid to risk all on the conclusions to which his heart and his mind led him, declared himself with openness and energy; and he spoke and even wrote his conclusions, how ever bold or abstract, without troubling to detail his reasoning or clip his off-hand speculations.Advertisement
- He attacked them not less bitterly for thinking that society could be changed off-hand by a readymade and complete scheme of reform.
- The Second Class fired at 150 yards with three shots off-hand and three from a rest for an all green cockade.
- Her high school crush Ben, played by Scott Speedman, makes an off-hand comment about wishing they'd gotten to know each other better.