Oestrus sentence example
- In animals galls occur mostly on or under the skin of living mammals and birds, and are produced by Acaridea, and by dipterous insects of the genus Oestrus.
- She required hormone injections to initiate oestrus and was given the choice of mates (using an old-fashioned breeding technique ).
- Readers are introduced to behavior aspects of reproduction, such as how to detect oestrus and how to minimize neonatal mortality.
- In real oestrus, sows show the so-called standing response.
- This time is known as " postpartum oestrus " which means that she can be nursing one litter While being pregnant with another.Advertisement
- A fertile postpartum oestrus may result in pregnancy, with a gestation length of over 30 days when the female is nursing young.
- This heat period, or period of oestrus, lasts for about two days and may recur as often as every two to three weeks!
- However, an owner can also expect drastic changes in behavior when a feline is in oestrus.
- These hormonal changes occurring during the oestrus period have a powerful affect on your kitty and may cause her great frustration over time.
- Moreover, although it is medically reported that oestrus lasts for approximately two days, some pet owners claim that heat symptoms can last over a week!Advertisement
- That Diptera of the type of the common house-fly are often in large measure responsible for the spread of such diseases as cholera and enteric fever is undeniable, and as regards blood-sucking forms, in addition to those to which reference has already been made, it is sufficient to mention the vast army of pests constituted by the midges, sand-flies, horseflies, &c., from the attacks of which domestic animals suffer equally with man, in addition to being frequently infested with the larvae of the bot and warble flies (Gastrophilus, Oestrus and Hypoderma).
- Uses To obtain a synchronized oestrus in sheep and hence synchronized lambing.