Oed sentence example
- When the OED adds the verb form of ' cargo cult ' to its corpus, remember where you read that first.
- The powerful Advanced Search makes it possible to exploit the vast wealth of information in the OED to the full.
- The Oxford English Dictionary online, sometimes abbreviated to OED, is a compendium of words in the English language.
- To make the OED more concise, the Second Edition of the print version included these supplements as well as new material.
- One of the main features of using the online version at OED is that words and references are updated quicker.Advertisement
- Check with your local library to see if they are members of OED Online.
- Purchasing a subscription is easy and if you aren't sure about buying one, then take the tour to see if the OED online has the features you need.
- The latest version of OED runs 20 volumes plus additional supplements for new words.
- In the 1970's a two-volume version of the OED appeared.
- Some of OED's words contain two spellings, one for British and one for American English.Advertisement