Odeon sentence example
- The most striking of these are the palaces of Duke Max and of Prince Luitpold; the Odeon, a large building for concerts, adorned with frescoes and marble busts; the war office; the royal library, in the Florentine palatial style; the Ludwigskirche, a successful reproduction of the Italian Romanesque style, built in 1829-1844, and containing a huge fresco of the Last Judgment by Cornelius; the blind asylum; and, lastly, the university.
- In 1819 his play Les vepres Siciliennes was performed at the Odeon, then just rebuilt; it had previously been refused for the Theatre Francais.
- As visible signs of his permanent services to art Munich possesses the Walhalla, the Glyptothek, the two Pinakotheken, the Odeon, the University, and many other magnificent buildings both sacred and profane.
- In 1976 the Odeon was converted to a three-screen cinema.
- Hammersmith Odeon, London '75 is the only full-length concert film ever released of Bruce and the E Street Band's first 25 years.Advertisement
- The Odeon in Skinner Street had a tower with a bright neon lit ODEON name at the top.
- Undaunted by many failures, she dramatized several of her novels with moderate success - Francois le champi, played at the Odeon in 1849, and Les Beaux Messieurs de Bois-Dore (1862) were the best; Claudie, produced in 1851, is a charming pastoral play, and Le Marquis de Villemer (1864) (in which she was helped by Dumas fits) was a genuine triumph.
- In December 2005 Polly announced at a gig in Paris that it would be the last show she ever performed, though this may have been a pastiche of a similar comment David Bowie made in 1973 at London Hammersmith Odeon.