Octyl sentence example
- Referring to the esters C9H1802 previously mentioned, it is seen that the highest boilingpoints belong to methyl octoate and octyl formate, the least symmetrical, while the minimum belongs to amyl butyrate, the most symmetrical.
- Normal butyric acid or fermentation butyric acid is found in butter, as an hexyl ester in the oil of Heracleum giganteum and as an octyl ester in parsnip (Pastinaca sativa); it has also been noticed in the fluids of the flesh and in perspiration.
- Cinnamates, such as octyl methoxcinnamate, give low levels of protection, and are only effective against UVB light.
- Para-amino benzoic acid (PABA) compounds, including PABA, padimate O (octyl dimethyl PABA), and glyceryl PABA, are effective only against UVB light.
- Fade creams may contain octyl salicylate.Advertisement
- The daily fade cream contains octyl methoxycinnamate, which protects the skin from the sun and is used to reduce the appearance of scarring and Unshiu Peel Extract, which is used to lighten the skin.