Octosyllabic sentence example
- Hudibras, a poem written in rhyming octosyllabic couplets, concerns the exploits of a Presbyterian knight called Sir Hudibras.
- This is an octosyllabic poem in French verse, written by Ambroise, a Norman trouvere who followed Richard I.
- The earlier half is written in octosyllabic verse, and begins with the story of the Deluge.
- (3) Then follows a recapitulation of the above in octosyllabic verse.
- Marie seems to have contented herself with giving new literary form to the stories she heard by turning them into Norman octosyllabic verse, and apparently made few radical changes from her originals.Advertisement