Ocellus sentence example
- In Aurelia there are two on each rhopalium, a simple ocellus on the exumbral side, and a cupped ocellus on the subumbral side (not present in young individuals).
- - Section of a Statocyst and on a freely - projecting Ocellus of Tiaropsis diademata; cf.
- The simple form of ocellus described in the foregoing paragraph may become folded into a pit or cup, the interior of which becomes filled with a clear gelatinous secretion forming a sort of vitreous Modified after Linko, Travaux Soc. Imp. Nat., St.
- A similar ocellus is formed in Aurelia among the Scyphomedusae (q.v.).
- The simplest type of ocellus is exemplified by the exumbral ocellus of Aurelia, a simple patch of pigment-cells interspersed with visual cells, the whole on a level with the remaining ectodermal epithelium.Advertisement
- In the next stage of complication, seen in the supernumerary (seventh) ocellus of Charybdaea, the patch of pigmented and sensory epithelium is pushed in to form a little pit, in the T Aurelia aurita.
- In this way the ocellus becomes a true eye, very similar in plan to the eyes of Gastropods and other molluscs.
- The basal por tion bears an ocellus (oc) of > ' '--OtOZ ' simple structure.
- One of the most obvious features is that some feathers end in an apparent eye or ocellus (plural ocelli ).