Occultism sentence example
- He then gave himself up to philosophical work, especially in connexion with the phenomena of hypnotism and occultism from the modern psychological standpoint.
- The main objects of the society were thus set out: (1) To establish a nucleus of the universal brotherhood of humanity; (2) to promote the study of comparative religion and philosophy; (3) to make a systematic investigation into the mystic potencies of life and matter, or what is usually termed "occultism."
- Agrippa's contribution is briefly discussed below and his theories received a new lease of life in nineteenth century astrology and occultism.
- This is a book essential to any serious student of modern occultism.
- An exploration of the field of the extraordinary as explained in the light of true occultism or Theosophy.Advertisement
- In the lessons he attends he learns, and is exposed to, real occultism.
- For me, the potential of occultism is less about becoming ' spiritual ', and more about becoming spirited.
- Now, in order to discern this underlying truth in the various and apparently conflicting world creeds, appeal was made to a "Secret Doctrine," and "Esoteric Teaching," which Madame Blavatsky proclaimed had been held for ages as a sacred possession and trust by certain mysterious adepts in occultism, or "Mahatmas," with whom she said she was in psychical as well as in direct physical communication.
- Black suns have a particular meaning, coming from occultism and alchemy.
- Members of the section were not taught practical occultism or how to perform psychic phenomena.Advertisement