Occlude sentence example
- Section 4: Cuff Pressure Less than Diastolic Pressure At pressures below diastolic, the cuff does not occlude the artery.
- The lower canine can then occlude lateral to the displaced lip and cause excoriation or punctures.
- Cylinder-shaped toys of 1-inch (2.5-cm) diameter (the size of a regular hot dog) are the most dangerous size because they can occlude the trachea (windpipe) if they are aspirated.
- They also can seriously occlude your vision in dark dance halls, not to mention reduce your peripheral vision, both of which could prove disastrous in a fast-paced couples dance.
- In the encrusting type, which is found in a large proportion of the genera, the zooids are usually in a single layer, with their orifices facing away from the substratum; but in certain species the colony becomes multilaminar by the continued superposition of new zooids over the free surfaces of the older ones, whose orifices they naturally occlude.Advertisement
- In many cases the colour-production is dependent on certain definite conditions - temperature, presence of oxygen, nature of the food-medium, &c. Ewart's important discovery that some of these lipochrome pigments occlude oxygen, while others do not, may have bearings on the facultative anaerobism of these organisms.