Obscuration sentence example
- They are made of bluish, "smoked," or almost black coloured glass, and are of very various shapes, according to the amount of obscuration necessary.
- About 56 Algol variables were known in 1907; the variables of this class are the most difficult to detect, for the short period of obscuration may easily escape notice unless the star is watched continuously.
- The areas of the sky which contain heavy obscuration usually exhibit clouds of several degrees of opacity.
- The optical data allows a study of the dust obscuration.
- C. Vogel's spectroscopic measures in 1889.2 Previously to each obscuration, the star was found to be moving rapidly away from the earth; its velocity then diminished to zero pari passu with the loss of light, and reversed its direction during the process of recovery.Advertisement
- Russell' with a partial obscuration visible in northern China 2136 B.C. The date cannot be far wrong, and it is by far the earliest assignable to an event of the kind.
- The calibration unit produces a beam that matches the telescope pupil very nicely except that it contains no central obscuration.