Obliterating sentence example
- No, obliterating the apartment was a message.
- the policy of extending Denmark to the Eider and obliterating German Schleswig, in order to save Schleswig from being absorbed by Germany.
- It extends as a completely even plain of snow, with long, almost imperceptible, undulations or waves, at a height of 7000 to 10,000 ft., obliterating the features of the underlying land, the mountains and valleys of which are completely interred.
- The ghost has now been brought back to much of true life again by the skill of the most scrupulous of all restorers, Cavaliere Cavenaghi, who, acting under the authority of a competent commission, and after long and patient experiment, found it possible to secure to the wall the innumerable blistered, mildewed and half-detached flakes and scales of the original work that yet remained, to clear the surface thus obtained of much of the obliterating accretions due to decay and mishandling, and to bring the whole to unity by touching tenderly in with tempera the spots and spaces actually left bare.
- On the other hand, the scientific doctrine of evolution has gone far towards obliterating the distinction between external and internal compulsion, e.g.Advertisement
- The immediate effect was to raise Perez higher than ever in the royal confidence and favour, but, wary though the secretary had been, he had not succeeded in obliterating all trace of his connexion with the crime, and very soon a prosecution was set on foot by the representatives of the murdered man.
- His scheme of obliterating the unprepossessing Conrad again accompany the girl was a wild - they were high.
- obliterateoth have dedicated their last few albums to obliterating the memory of the decent ones they made a decade earlier.
- obliterateent death of Daisy's husband leaves her a widow at thirty-two, obliterating everything she has lived for.
- obliterate virus that rewrites your hard drive, obliterating anything on it.Advertisement
- The uniformity, however, of the Old Testament text is due to the labours of successive schools of grammarians who elaborated the Massorah (see Hebrew Literature), thereby obliterating local or dialectic differences, which undoubtedly existed, and establishing the pronunciation current in the synagogues about the 7th century A.D.
- The satisfaction from obliterating the competition will be even greater when every aspect of your team is yours to customize.
- Commando is a particular lingerie brand that remains dedicated to obliterating the presence of lingerie lines.