Obligate sentence example
- Cats are obligate carnivores, meaning that they must eat meat in order to survive.
- Most of these contracts obligate you to pay a large balloon payment if you return a vehicle in early.
- The remaining colonies on the anaerobic plate should be obligate anaerobes.
- obligate parasite ' .
- All species in this genus are Gram-positive, obligate aerobes.Advertisement
- obligate anaerobes.
- obligate biotrophic plant pathogen; it can only complete its life cycle on a living host.
- Their replication strategy like that of viruses - they are obligate intracellular parasites.
- Requesting a free sample doesn't obligate you to buy anything in the future, but you should be open to the possibility.
- obligate aerobes.Advertisement
- Such obligate parasites may be epiphytic (Erysipheae), the mycelium remaining on the outside and at most merely sending haustoria into the epidermal cells, or endophytic (Uredineae, Ustilagineae, &c.), when the mycelium is entirely inside the organs of the host.
- These forms are termed by Fischer Metatrophic, because they require various kinds of organic materials obtained from the dead remains of other organisms or from the surfaces of their bodies, and can utilize and decompose them in various ways (Polytrophic) or, if monotrophic, are at least unable to work them up. The true parasites - obligate parasites of de Bary - are placed by Fischer in a third biological group, Paratrophic bacteria, to mark the importance of their mode of life in the interior of living organisms where they live and multiply in the blood, juices or tissues.