Obiter sentence example
- Rodney is actively involved in the publication of the student Lawyers Society magazine, obiter dicta.
- Paragraph 62 is not only expressed conditionally but is also, strictly speaking, an obiter dictum.
- Whether he was writing miscellaneous essays or law-books, his -characteristic style prevailed, and his books on copyright and .on trusts were novelties indeed among legal textbooks, no less :sparkling than his literary Obiter Dicta.
- He then explains how he verified the canon, and so found that there were no essential errors in it, although there were a few inaccuracies near the beginning of the quadrant, and he proceeds, " Haec to obiter scire volui, ut quibus to methodis incesseris, quas non dubito et plurimas et ingeniosissimas tibi in promptu esse, eas publici juris fieri, mihi saltem (puto et caeteris) scires fore gratissimum; eoque percepto, tua promissa folio 57, in debitum cecidisse intelligeres."
- Plato's criticisms of the sophists are then, in the opinion of the present writer, no mere obiter dicta, introduced for purposes of literary adornment or dramatic effect, but rather the expressions of profound and reasoned conviction, and, as such, entitled at any rate to respect.Advertisement
- But it was as a literary critic of unusually clever style and an original vein of wit, that he first became known to the public, with his volume of essays entitled Obiter Dicta (1884).
- On the point of doctrine all good judges agree that Fenelon was wrong; though many still welcome the obiter dictum of Pope Innocent, that Fenelon erred by loving God too much, and Bossuet by loving his neighbour too little.