Obeisance sentence example
- But after a few skirmishes they melted away, and Menelek was obliged to submit and do obeisance to John.
- I suggest that there are some errors in this ritual obeisance to received wisdom.
- I think their way leads to idolatry, for they are making obeisance to a book an object.
- The Greek term used for worship is proskuneo which means either to do obeisance or to worship.
- First, the Queen's mother was a saint, and her funeral allowed a willing nation to pay obeisance to that fact.Advertisement
- When the Hobbits would have bowed to Aragorn, the newly crowned King of Gondor, he refused to accept their obeisance and bowed to them instead, sending all in Gondor to their knees before the tiny Hobbits.
- After Mao performed obeisance and kowtows, he was considered adopted by the rock.
- There was a touching incident when the queen's uncles, the dukes of Cumberland and Sussex, two old men, came forward to perform their obeisance.
- In another dream he saw the sun and the moon and eleven stars all bowing down and bringing obeisance to Joseph.