Oatcake sentence example
- The maize was ground with a stone roller on the grinding stone or metlatl, still known over Spanish America as the metate, and the meal baked into thin oval cakes called by Aztecs tlaxcalli, and by Spaniards tortilla, which resemble the chapati of India and the oatcake of Scotland.
- Runner on the third drawer down a bit bandy, but a fine collection of Oatcake crumbs and bent paper clips included.
- You can have one oatcake or three rice cakes for just 1 POINTS value.
- However there were still reports of breaking an oatcake over the bride's head in wedding ceremonies in Scotland during the 19th century.
- oatcake message board that only the club could answer.Advertisement
- oatcake shops exist in North Staffordshire and serve them with any mixture of bacon, cheese, sausage and eggs.
- Some of the breads have survived into modern times, for example Mexican tortilla, Indian chapatti and Scots oatcake.