Oaky sentence example
- An oaky wine will usually taste and smell of freshly sawn wood, or may have sweet vanilla flavors.
- For intance, having white wine with a steak is perfectly acceptable, especially if you've selected a big, oaky Chardonnay; however, if you are serving a delicately flavored white wine, the steak might overpower it.
- This allows the oaky characteristics of the wine to develop.
- This is not your average oaky, candied mess that abounds these days in the Merlot aisle.
- First, if you're the type who loves to drink those oaky, buttery-slick California Chardonnays, I think you can skip this one.Advertisement
- Mostly Grenache blended with Syrah and Mourvèdre, this Les Buissons is a dark ruby red with a showy nose of black fruit, spiciness, oaky vanilla, and enlivening earthy notes.
- Many winemakers cask their Cabernet's in oak casks, resulting in an oaky, flavorful blend.
- White wines run the gamut from dry to sweet and from bright and crisp to smooth and oaky.
- Oaky: Oak adds a toast or vanilla characteristic to wine.
- Aged for six months in French oak casks, the Acrobat Pinot Noir is known for its oaky nose and spicy taste.Advertisement