Oak-trees sentence example
- Ahead was nothing but a narrow dirt road lined with mature Oak trees and brush.
- The long drive detoured around several large oak trees before it ended in a circle.
- The road gradually narrowed and climbed through hills choked with brush and huge oak trees.
- The avenue itself is fully half a mile long and is lined on either side with fine oak trees.
- The crannog of Cloonfinlough in Connaught had a triple stockade of oak piles, connected by horizontal stretchers and enclosing an area 130 ft., in diameter, laid with trunks of oak trees.Advertisement
- We spent quite a while after lunch scanning the now almost fully leaved oak trees below the monastery building.
- An access road is planned to run between these two ancient oak trees.
- The young shoots are chosen by many species of Cynipidae and their allies as a receptacle for their eggs, giving rise to a variety of gall-like excrescences, from which few oak trees are quite free.
- The polythalamous gall of Aphilothrix radicis, found on the roots of old oak-trees, may attain the size of a man's fist; the galls of another Cynipid, Andricus occultus, Tschek, 6 which occurs on the male flowers of Quercus sessiliflora, is 2 millimetres, or barely a line, in length.
- Then looking more closely at the trees around, they saw that the treasure was all melting away, and that much of it was already spread over the leaves of the oak trees and maples, which were shining with their gorgeous dress of gold and bronze, crimson and emerald.Advertisement
- This plant prefers shade and often grows as a vine on the trunks of sycamore and oak trees.