Oak-trees sentence example
- Ahead was nothing but a narrow dirt road lined with mature Oak trees and brush.
- The long drive detoured around several large oak trees before it ended in a circle.
- The road gradually narrowed and climbed through hills choked with brush and huge oak trees.
- The avenue itself is fully half a mile long and is lined on either side with fine oak trees.
- The crannog of Cloonfinlough in Connaught had a triple stockade of oak piles, connected by horizontal stretchers and enclosing an area 130 ft., in diameter, laid with trunks of oak trees.Advertisement
- coppices of cork oak trees with their oddly blackened trunks.
- cork oak trees living for up to 600 years.
- We spent quite a while after lunch scanning the now almost fully leaved oak trees below the monastery building.
- looper caterpillars on oak trees.
- hedgerows enclose most fields; hedgerow oak trees are characteristic features in many areas.Advertisement
- An access road is planned to run between these two ancient oak trees.
- The young shoots are chosen by many species of Cynipidae and their allies as a receptacle for their eggs, giving rise to a variety of gall-like excrescences, from which few oak trees are quite free.
- The polythalamous gall of Aphilothrix radicis, found on the roots of old oak-trees, may attain the size of a man's fist; the galls of another Cynipid, Andricus occultus, Tschek, 6 which occurs on the male flowers of Quercus sessiliflora, is 2 millimetres, or barely a line, in length.
- A sentence of Quintilian expresses the feeling of reverence for his genius and character, mixed with distaste for his rude workmanship, with which the Romans of the early empire regarded him: "Let us revere Ennius as we revere the sacred groves, hallowed by antiquity, whose massive and venerable oak trees are not so remarkable for beauty as for the religious awe which they inspire" (Inst.
- Then looking more closely at the trees around, they saw that the treasure was all melting away, and that much of it was already spread over the leaves of the oak trees and maples, which were shining with their gorgeous dress of gold and bronze, crimson and emerald.Advertisement
- Vacherie/Burnside, LA: This is the location of the National Historic Landmark, Oak Alley Plantation, where you can gasp at the beauty of the 300-year-old oak trees that line the driveway, as well as antiques from the 19th century.
- This plant prefers shade and often grows as a vine on the trunks of sycamore and oak trees.