Numbed sentence example
- Each morning, when they were numbed with cold, I swept some of them out, but I did not trouble myself much to get rid of them; I even felt complimented by their regarding my house as a desirable shelter.
- Nothing made sense to her numbed mind, aside from the fragrant ocean, the fine sand that slid through her fingers like silk, and the warm-cool sensations caused by a combination of afternoon sun and sea breeze.
- She stared, numbed, as her father joined them.
- To appreciate, one had to feel, and those born deities were somehow numbed to the world.
- By the time they crossed the arena, her numbed mind began to accept the possibility of death at his hands.Advertisement
- His faculties were quite numbed, he was stupefied, and noticing nothing around him went on moving his legs as the others did till they all stopped and he stopped too.
- Deidre said nothing. Rain fell steadily, until Katie's skin was too numbed to feel it. She heard Deidre's breathing grow deeper as the woman fell asleep. Aware there could be demons or other creatures in the dark, Katie roused herself to keep watch, as Gabriel had kept watch over her.
- The gale from our right quickly numbed exposed cheeks, and chilled fingers refused to warm up even inside thick mitts.
- With fingers numbed by this tingling pain, Feel I'm dying every moment of this silicone day.
- The skin may need to be numbed, and using non-sterile equipment could lead to infection.Advertisement