North-wind sentence example
- In the north and on the pampas the north wind is hot and depressing, while the south wind is cool and refreshing.
- The north wind usually terminates with a thunderstorm or with a pampero, a cold south-west wind from the Andes which blows with great violence, causes a fall in temperature of 15° to 20°, and is most frequent from June to November - the southern winter and spring.
- Storms endangering life and property occur only in the east, caused by a high north wind with snow or rain and a low temperature.
- The south wind is dry, cool and invigorating, and banishes mosquitoes for a time; the north wind is hot, moist and relaxing.
- The prevalent north wind and the rise of the water tend to keep the air cool in summer.Advertisement
- The most striking meteorological factor in Egypt is the persistence of the north wind throughout the year, without which the climate would be very trying.
- In December, January and February, at Cairo, the north wind slightly predominates, though those from the south and west often nearly equal it, but after this the north blows almost continuously for the rest of theyear.
- The site is low, but the town is surrounded by hills, which afford protection from the north wind.
- It is protected from the north wind by the Binn (632 ft.), and in consequence of its excellent situation, its links and sandy beach, it enjoys considerable repute as a summer resort.
- On the French side of the divide is the village of Bourg Mont Genevre, and on the Italian side that of Clavieres, both inhabited all the year round, as the pass runs east and west, and is thus sheltered from the north wind.Advertisement
- This otherwise perfect climate is slightly marred by the prevalence of the north wind.
- This event, a Winter Pairs match, was fished in a raging blizzard with a north wind to help cool things down.
- The north wind usually terminates with a thunderstorm or with a pampero, a cold south-west wind from the Andes which blows with great violence, causes a fall in temperature of 15Ã‚° to 20Ã‚°, and is most frequent from June to November - the southern winter and spring.
- Their fears were well founded, for their long absence had alarmed the King, and he mounted North Wind and went out in search of his tardy couriers.
- The north wind had already begun to cool the pond, though it took many weeks of steady blowing to accomplish it, it is so deep.Advertisement