Non-volatile sentence example
- It is non-volatile in steam, and is odourless.
- It is a non-volatile and almost infusible white powder, which slowly absorbs moisture and carbon dioxide from air, and is readily soluble in dilute acids.
- The four phases are (I) crystals of salt, (2) crystals of ice, (3) a saturated solution of the salt in water, and (4) the vapour, which is that practically of water alone, since the salt is non-volatile at the temperature in question.
- The vapour pressure of the solution of a non-volatile solute is less than the vapour pressure of the pure solvent.
- The reasoning given above is independent of the temperature, so that the variation with temperature of the osmotic pressure of a dilute solution must be the same as that of a gas, while Boyle's law must equally apply to both systems. Experimental evidence confirms these results, and extends them to the cases of non-volatile solutes - as is, indeed, to be expected, since volatility is merely a matter of degree.Advertisement
- The neutral esters are as a rule insoluble in water and distil unchanged; on the other hand, the acid esters are generally soluble in water, are non-volatile, and form salts with bases.
- The dibromide, WBr 2, is a non-volatile bluishblack powder obtained by reducing the pentabromide with hydrogen.
- The apparent " body " of the wine, however, is not merely dependent upon the absolute quantity of solid - non-volatile - matters it contains, but is influenced also by the relative proportions in which the various constituents exist.
- The wines which remain for a long period in cask gradually lose alcohol and water by evaporation, and therefore become in time extremely concentrated as regards the solid and relatively non-volatile matters contained in them.
- These differ in consistence: Excise opium is prepared to contain 90% of non-volatile solid matter and made up into cubes.Advertisement
- The chief solid residue, coke, is not absolutely pure carbon, as it contains the mineral non-volatile constituents which remain behind as ash when the original coal is burnt, and which, to a Solid great extent, existed in the sap that filled the cells of the plant from which the coal was formed.
- You have hex 11 to FF available as non-volatile RAM for applications use.
- Now we are finally in a position to see what effect a non-volatile solute has on the melting and freezing points of the solution.