Non-political sentence example
- Both were well known before they joined David Cameron 's front bench team of enjoying highly remunerative non-political employment outside the House of Commons.
- In the name of the king, who now appointed him lord-lieutenant and captain-general of Scotland, he summoned a parliament to meet at Glasgow on the 10th of October, in which he no doubt hoped to reconcile loyal obedience to the king with the establishment of a non-political Presbyterian clergy.
- When Mr Chamberlain started his new fiscal programme, combining Tariff Reform with Colonial Preference, Lord Rosebery at first seemed inclined to treat it as non-political, and on the 19th of May 1903 he declared in an address to the Burnley Chamber of Commerce that he was not one of those who regarded Free Trade as part of the Sermon on the Mount.
- In 1827 he started the Acadian, a weekly non-political journal, but soon sold it, and in 1828 purchased the Nova Scotian, which later became amalgamated with the Morning Chronicle.
- Chosen by informed elected people for their ability to rise above the political dogfight, Speakers have successfully fulfilled a non-political role for centuries.Advertisement
- Both were well known before they joined David Cameron's front bench team of enjoying highly remunerative non-political employment outside the House of Commons.
- In his non-political life he was a fruit merchant and a founder shareholder of the Cumnock Municipal Bank.
- The circumstances favoured a closer alliance between the people of Palestine, and a greater prominence of the old holy places (Hebron, Bethel, Shechem, &c.), of which the ruined Jerusalem would not be one, and the existing condition of Judah and Israel from internal and non-political points of view - not their condition in the pre-monarchical ages - is the more crucial problem in biblical history.'