Nod-off sentence example
- She can take Martha's place, trying to calm Howie down enough so he can nod off but keep beating on her the importance of keeping her mouth shut.
- The warmth was nearly enough for me to nod off when I heard a honk and Molly waved from Betsy's side window as she slowly circled.
- As her eyes began to glass over, he played softer until she started to nod off.
- It was dark with the shades drawn and Dean felt a desire to nod off as he waited.
- Some seats have a reclining backrest which support their head when they nod off.Advertisement
- While your child may be able to sleep anywhere, creating an environment that is conducive to sleep will help him nod off to sleep and stay asleep for a longer period of time.
- Drinking alcohol will impair your judgment, but it also increases your drowsiness and the likelihood that you will nod off at the wheel even if you are under the legal limit.