Nociceptors sentence example
- Activity dependent excitability changes of nociceptors and mechanoreceptors Sensory neurons of the dorsal root ganglion are functionally heterogeneous.
- Substance P Nerves from nociceptors use this peptide to activate relay neurons in the spinal cord.
- As a group, these pain-sensing neurons are called nociceptors, and virtually every surface and organ of the body is wired with them.
- Nociceptors are classified according to the stimulus that prompts them to transmit a pain signal.
- Thermoreceptive nociceptors are stimulated by temperatures that are potentially tissue damaging.Advertisement
- Mechanoreceptive nociceptors respond to a pressure stimulus that may cause injury.
- Polymodal nociceptors are the most sensitive and can respond to temperature and pressure.
- Polymodal nociceptors also respond to chemicals released by the cells in the area from which the pain originates.
- In the presence of continued stimulation of nociceptors, changes occur within the nervous system.
- Nociceptors have the ability to convey information to the brain that indicates the location, nature, and intensity of the pain.Advertisement
- Nociceptive pain, or the pain that is transmitted by nociceptors, is typically called acute pain.