Nils sentence example
- The head of the Sture family at this time was Count Svante, who had married a sister of Gustavus Vasa's second wife, and had by her a numerous family, of whom two sons, Nils and Eric, still survived.
- The dark tragedy, known as the Sture murders, began with Eric XIV.'s strange treatment of young Count Nils.
- Two days later Nils Sture arrived at Upsala fresh from his embassy to Lorraine, and was at once thrown into prison, where other members of the nobility were already detained.
- On the following day Eric murdered Nils in his cell with his own hand, and by his order the other prisoners were despatched by the royal provost marshal forthwith.
- In 1705 he was made a senator, in 1706 a count and in 1707 governor of Charles XII.'s nephew, the young duke Charles Frederick of Holstein-Gottorp. In 1710 he succeeded Nils Gyldenstolpe as prime minister.Advertisement
- Off the little port of Kjiige in the south the Danes under Nils Juel defeated the Swedes in 1677, and in another engagement in 1710 the famous Danish commander Hvitfeldt sank with his ship. (3) Holbaek, west of Kjobenhavn.
- Carefully educated under the direction of Nils von Rosenstein, he grew up serious and conscientious.
- Among critics of taste may be mentioned Nils Rosen von Rosenstein (1752-1824); the rhetorical bishop of Linkoping, Magnus Lehnberg (1758-1808); and Count Georg Adlersparre (1760-1809).
- A typical academician was the poet, antiquary and connoisseur, Nils Fredrik Sander (1828-1900).
- Nils Franke, piano tutor to the Music in Professional Practice Initiative, will lead his piano quintet in playing the Mendelssohn.Advertisement