Nilgai sentence example
- There are also within these coverts several varieties of wild animals, such as the tiger, leopard, hyena, wild boar, nilgai and jackal.
- The nilgai is about the size of a mule.
- The first group, or Tragelaphinae, is represented by the African elands (Taurotragus), bongo (Boocercus), kudus (Strepsiceros) and bushbucks or harnessed antelopes (Tragelaphus), and the Indian nilgai (Boselaphus).
- The small horns and bluish-grey colour of the adult bulls serve to distinguish the Indian nilgai, Boselaphus tragocamelus, from the other members of the subfamily.
- The nilgai, or blue cow (Boselaephus tragocamelus) is also widely distributed, but specially abounds in Hindustan Proper and Gujarat.Advertisement
- The nilgai is held peculiarly sacred by Hindus, from its fancied kinship to the cow, and on this account its destructive inroads upon the crops are tolerated.
- Leopards still haunt the cane-brakes and thickets along the banks of the rivers; and nilgai and antelopes abound.
- NILGAI, or Nylghau ("blue bull"), the largest antelope (Boselaphus tragocamelus) found in India, where it represents the kudu and eland group of Agrica.
- The nilgai is about the size of a mule (see Antelope).