Nikolai sentence example
- He held out his hand for the dog to sniff, but Nikolai nuzzled his nose into it instead.
- I'm going to take Nikolai for a walk, then we'll have some lunch.
- Nikolai trotted after them and backed up to the sofa between Jackson and Elisabeth.
- The principal public buildings are the Nikolai Kirche (built 1390, restored 1894), with a spire 2 9 5 ft.
- At this time the tone of the Russian court was extremely liberal, humanitarian enthusiasts like Peter Volkonsky and Nikolai Novosiltsov possessing great influence.Advertisement
- Nikolai Frederik Severin Grundtvig (q.v.; 1783-1872), like Ohlenschldger, learned the principles of the German romanticism from the lips of Steffens.
- Among novelists who were not also poets was Andreas Nikolai de Saint-Aubain (1798-1865), who, under the pseudonym of Carl Bernhard, wrote a series of charming romances.
- The next largest island is the Nikolai, nearly in the middle.
- While retaining for a time the old ministers who had served and overthrown the emperor Paul, one of the first acts of his reign was to appoint a secret committee, called ironically the " Comite du salut public," consisting of young and enthusiastic friends of his own - Victor Gavovich Kochubey, Nikolai Nikolaevich Novosiltsov, Paul Alexandrovich Strogonov and Adam Czartoryski - to draw up a scheme of internal reform.
- His grandson, Prince Nikolai Vasilevich Repnin (1734-1801), Russian statesman and general, served under his father, Prince Vasily Anikitovich, during the Rhenish campaign of 1748 and subsequently resided for some time abroad, where he acquired "a thoroughly sound German education."Advertisement
- In front of Prince Paskevich's castle stands an equestrian statue of the Polish general Joseph Poniatowski, and in the cathedral is the tomb of the chancellor Nikolai Petrovich Rumantsev, .by Canova.
- His only son, PRINCE NIKOLAI ALEKSYEEVICH ORLOV (1827-1885), was a distinguished Russian diplomatist and author.
- Its chief embankment, the Nikolai boulevard, bordered with tall and handsome houses, forms a fine promenade.
- Nikolai Przhevalsky (Przevalsky q.v.), the Russian explorer in Central Asia, died here in 1889, and a monument has been erected to his memory.
- Nikolai Dejevsky Still water and a spit of sand; my hand full of pebbles; how many skips before they sink?Advertisement
- Patricia Homma, Best Teen Chef 2003: Patricia is now in charge of garde manger at Nikolai's Roof, an AAA 4-Diamond and Mobile 4-Star restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia.